No, actually, it doesn't. What matters is whether or not you have the legal right to do so, or if they have the legal right to prevent you from doing so or enjoin you from doing so once you have.
The Content. You may only access and view the Content personally and for a non-commercial purpose in compliance with these Terms. You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means remove, alter, bypass, avoid, interfere with, or circumvent any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notices marked on the Content or any digital rights management mechanism, device, or other content protection or access control measure associated with the Content including geo-filtering mechanisms. You may not either directly or through the use of any device, software, internet site, web-based service, or other means copy, download, stream capture, reproduce, duplicate, archive, distribute, upload, publish, modify, translate, broadcast, perform, display, sell, transmit or retransmit the Content unless expressly permitted by Hulu in writing. You may not incorporate the Content into, or stream or retransmit the Content via, any hardware or software application or make it available via frames or in-line links unless expressly permitted by Hulu in writing. Furthermore, you may not create, recreate, distribute or advertise an index of any significant portion of the Content unless authorized by Hulu. You may not build a business utilizing the Content, whether or not for profit. The Content covered by these restrictions includes without limitation any text, graphics, layout, interface, logos, photographs, audio and video materials, and stills. In addition, you are strictly prohibited from creating derivative works or materials that otherwise are derived from or based on in any way the Content, including montages, mash-ups and similar videos, wallpaper, desktop themes, greeting cards, and merchandise, unless it is expressly permitted by Hulu in writing. This prohibition applies even if you intend to give away the derivative materials free of charge.
You agree to observe the Hulu Services, Content, Video Player and embedding restrictions detailed above, and further agree that you will not access the Hulu Site or use the Hulu Services in a way that:
* violates the rights of others, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary rights;
* uses technology or other means to access, index, frame or link to the Hulu Services (including the Content) that is not authorized by Hulu (including by removing, disabling, bypassing, or circumventing any content protection or access control mechanisms intended to prevent the unauthorized download, stream capture, linking, framing, reproduction, access to, or distribution of the Hulu Services);
* involves accessing the Hulu Services (including the Content)through any automated means, including "robots," "spiders," or "offline readers" (other than by individually performed searches on publicly accessible search engines for the sole purpose of, and solely to the extent necessary for, creating publicly available search indices — but not caches or archives — of the Hulu Services and excluding those search engines or indices that host, promote, or link primarily to infringing or unauthorized content);
# encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability;
# violates these Terms or any guidelines or policies posted by Hulu;
# interferes with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Hulu Services; or
# attempts to do any of the foregoing.
If Hulu determines in its sole discretion that you are violating any of these Terms, we may (i) notify you, and (ii) use technical measures to block or restrict your access or use of the Hulu Services. In either case, you agree to immediately stop accessing or using in any way (or attempting to access or use) the Hulu Services, and you agree not to circumvent, avoid, or bypass such restrictions, or otherwise restore or attempt to restore such access or use.
You only have the legal right to view on or through the following:
* the Hulu.com website(the "Hulu Site");
* Hulu's affiliate and distributor websites;
* other websites where users or website operators are permitted to embed the Video Player; and
* Hulu authorized applications, features or devices.